Conducting Effective Meetings
Leading meetings is one of the best opportunities you have to communicate with others. A recent study concluded that executives spend 53% of their time in face-to-face meetings. Meetings are an opportunity for managers to showcase their leadership and problem solving skills and communicate strategic direction. For corporate leaders, the skills needed to conduct effective meetings are keys to career success.
Conducting a meeting and managing it effectively doesn't just happen. It requires planning and leadership skills that encourage the group to move toward a specific outcome. Leaders must develop the personal skills necessary to encourage constructive participation and handle disruptive behavior. They also need the abilities to organize the meeting and present ideas effectively.
During the program participants will:
- Respond appropriately to questions from a group
- Involve the attendees in the meeting
- Identify problem behaviors and specific ways of handling them
This program will enable participants to:
- Understand the different types of meetings and the causes of non-productive meetings
- Prepare and lead successful meetings using a five-step process
- Organize and present information with self-confidence
- Use visual aids for emphasis and impact
View other programs: